Monday, July 09, 2007

I'm a bad person.

So basically I haven't blogged since...oh...MARCH! whoops. sorry to all my devoted fans. I finally decided to get my act together because my pal, atsushi, told me how sad it made him each time he visited my blog and found the same darn thing written there each time!

Anyways, so much has happened since my last blog! To start off i'll make a breif and sweeping statement that i'm doing really great!! My most recent news, other than the famous Chiba beachi paati, was my trip to America!

I made my trek back to America on June 22nd. I stayed for about 10 days. 10 VERY SHORT days. I'm not really sure what I was expecting to happen on my return. I was pondering if things would seem REALLY different. Did I change in ways that were unseen to me? Upon my return, i'll have you know things seemed completely normal. Almost like stepping back in time, like Japan never happened. I fell so seemlessly back into my American lifestyle that it had an almost dreamlike quality.

My plane ride didn't feel too long despite the 11 hour trip, mostly due to the 5 hour conversation I had with the guy next to me. He was pretty awesome and it turns out, just moved to Japan. i'll have to keep in touch! When I touched down I only had one thing on my mind. Thats right friends: CHIPOTLE. After the touching reunion with my mother and sister we whisked off to get the famed burrito bowl. heaven I tell you.


Like I stated earlier, 10 days is way too freakin' short. I only got to see a fraction of the people I care about. And those I did see, I only got see for about a fraction of a second. My lovely friends Matt and Nick came down all the way to NERSTRAND to see me!haha. I was soooo thrilled. We sat around eating japanese snacks and laughing about my insane life. It was wonderful, but like everything that week, toooo short.

I got hang out with my friend Andrea and meet her fiance!! that's right, fiance, congrats girlfriend. It was a spectaular time back in the ol' faribo. Rueben's at the Depot...mmmm.




Oh! and maybe this doesn't sound exciting to anyone, but it's pretty big deal to me, I got to DRIVE! I haven't driven a car in about a year! I was quite fearful i'd never get behind the wheel again. Turns out it's like ridin' a bike. I just had to remind myself a couple of times..."we drive on the right side here, we drive on the right side here..."hahaha. It was a PRIUS! Do you know how sweet a prius is? It didn't even need a key, i pushed a little button. technology blows my mind.haha.



Okay this is all for now, I have to get to my job. I do work sometimes, believe it or not. I'm not done with America yet, so look for part two. ;)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah! You change the blog!!
Thanks for writing for me, haha.

8:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And you are not bad person!
You are HOT!!(Did you remember Daichi said when you surfing.)

8:51 AM  
Blogger molly g. said...

chipotle is always the first thing on MY mind when i go back home, and i live in america. connecticut is like japan, apparently, in the sense that they don't really know a great burrito chain when they see one. i hope you are well, and i am thinking of you.

p.s. next time get a real burrito, for christ's sake.

1:57 AM  
Blogger Ben said...

I agree. A burrito bowl does not count as a burrito. It's what people eat when they are pretending that because it doesn't have a thin tortilla around it, it must be healthier.
Now where should I go for lunch...

2:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home